Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Welcome to Tombolo

Welcome to Tombolo, 

The Tombolo blog will be a site for posting anything and everything I feel a need to share. From videos, pictures, stories, news, and random internet discoveries it is my goal to make you laugh, make you think, and give you insight into my life. 

So why "Tombolo"?

Besides having the beginning letters of my name, Tombolo means a bar of sand joining an island to the mainland. Tombolo symbolizes the connection and insight I am going to share with followers. The word also reminds me of a famous poem by John Donne and a personally beloved phrase, "No Man is an Island". 

No Man Is An Island 

No man is an island entire of itself; every man 
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; 
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe 
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as 
well as any manner of thy friends or of thine 
own were; any man's death diminishes me, 
because I am involved in mankind. 
And therefore never send to know for whom 
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

John Donne

I truly hope you enjoy my blog! Happy Reading :D

Tommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment